Representative Deputy Lieutenant for Lambeth, Christopher Wellbelove DL, attended the official opening of Faith’s Place, a brand new bar at Vauxhall City Farm.
The bar is named after Faith, who has a long history with the farm, being at the forefront of running and even saving the farm, when it came close to closing, by using her own money.
Vauxhall City Farm is one of the oldest and most central city farms in London. The farm is surrounded by high-rise blocks where individuals and families, many on low incomes, have little access to outside space let alone the opportunity to experience farm animals.
The farm’s aims are to:
- Support children and disadvantaged people to boost their confidence and aspirations via the development of personal, social, life, and practical skills
- Promote emotional, mental, social, and physical health and well-being
- Develop environmental awareness and action
- Strengthen community cohesion
- Create enjoyment and recreational opportunities for those from our local and wider communities
Christopher enjoyed a tour of the farm, learning about some of the most popular inhabitants together with a new growing area that will help young people learn where many of the foods they eat come from.
If you would like to invite the Representative Deputy Lieutenant to your event please invite him here.