Social media is now part of the mainstream. Rather than seeing it as a threat you need to see it as an opportunity. If you have not already realised it, it is time to do things differently.
In your business you may see your people using social sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn and think they are wasting their time.
Rather than a waste of time social media can be a huge opprotunity to turn all your people into evangalists for your organisation. You need to stop focussing on the possible negatives and look for how your people could use their social connections to promote what you do.
People trust people on social media. Yes, you have your corporate account, but the relationshiop with individuals is very different and can help build a digital relationship thatmore easily converts beyond the virtual world.
To help your organisation make the most of your people on social media you need to:
- Encourage your people to connect via social channels with current and potential customers
- Give them guidance on how to make the most of social media
- Create a do list not a don’t list
- Encourage them by highlighting the best of what they do
- Elevate your social media champions – sharing their good work to encourage others
- Make social media presence a requirement
- Targets for followers and engagement
- Social media score card to follow their growth
If you are still in denial about the benefits of social media. Want more evidence, pick through every follower, question every social media post… you are wasting not only your time but that of your people.
By the time you catch up your competion will be way ahead and in a social media world that evolves at an amazing pace you will be left years behind.
Rather than worrying if social media is the right thing to do – you should worry about your ability to catch up. It’s time to do things differently and be ahead of the game rather than years behind.